Sunday 1 March 2015

Bug stew

Bug stew ready to be eaten! Eeewwww

What fun was had in Grade 3D! We got to taste a bug stew!
 
The learners in grade 3D were all very excited to embark on this creative journey of creating and writing their very own bug stew recipes. I started the process off by telling them how I had made a "bug stew" at home, and that it consisted of all sorts of creepy crawlies that I had found in and around my garden...they were not impressed.
 
I spoke of crunchy cockroaches, squishy caterpillars, hairy spider's legs, gooey worm eyes, and so on, as my ingredients. I explained how I needed to blend, crush, fry, boil and blend certain ingredients together to make my stew. This got the learners' creative juices flowing. 
 
After telling them about my bug stew and what I had put in it, I asked if anyone wanted to try it. I saw a few reluctant hands going up, however, this was short-lived and all hands went up when they realised that the "bug stew" was actually jelly and bug-shaped sweets.
 
The class enjoyed munching on their "bug stew" but thereafter had to get to work! They began writing their creative recipes in a recipe format. Listing their ingredients and explaining their method. I enjoyed reading their recipes and discovering how imaginative and creative the learners of Grade 3D are.

Enjoying our bug stew!


No comments:

Post a Comment